“Research shows that…” Does this line grab your attention? Well research shows that (pun intended) you’re not alone. People are more drawn to headlines or paragraphs that start with “Research shows that….” Why? Because with science comes power.
Our graduates feel empowered that they know the science behind happiness, well-being and flourishing, so that when people say, “Why should I invest in becoming happier?” You can share facts like, “Research shows happy people are physically healthier, they have stronger social networks, they achieve more and have even been found to live longer.”
Certification offers personal and professional rewards to the individual who attains it. Because the CAPP program is ICF approved to award CCE hours, coaches receive a total of 36 CCE’s upon graduation. Certification validates specialty knowledge, enhances professional credibility, and contributes to feelings of personal accomplishment.
Certification allows you to:
- Understand how people really tick: Whether you’re a therapist, coach, teacher, manager, consultant or any field where you interact with human beings, our CAPP program teaches you about how the brain and body are wired. You’ll understand your thoughts, feelings and actions better and you’ll be better able to navigate your interactions with others.
- Employ scientifically proven tools: Whether you’re supporting someone in setting goals, simply trying to improve your life, or engaging in conversation at a cocktail party, everything you do is an exchange of your time and energy. The benefit of positive psychology is that it gives you research based tools that you know have been shown effective in rigorous studies so you know you’re not wasting time.
- Know WHY + HOW certain strategies work: Positive psychology studies the mechanisms behind the types of tools that have been found to increase people’s happiness. It’s not enough to know that “reframing is useful tool” you need to know why and how the tool works. What happens in people’s mind when they generate alternatives? How does this affect their body? What impact does it have on problem solving? Etc. For every intervention our students learn: What the skill is, Why it works, How it works and How to use it. This empowers our students to tackle any obstacle that comes their way because they know the mechanisms.
- Show your value and increase your marketability: Employers and clients love learners. Certification signifies you have experience and specialty knowledge beyond the entry level. It shows you are at the top of your game and at the cutting edge of the business, health, and educational trends towards engagement and wellbeing. As such, certification allows you to show your value and increase your marketability, standing out for the opportunities you most desire.
- Earn 36 ICF CCE’s upon graduation: Coaches will earn 36 CCE’s upon completion of the CAPP program: 16 Core Competencies and 20 Resource Development.
To receive certification, you must complete course requirements, including a final project and then you will join our growing family of change agents using their certification in applied positive psychology to make their world a better place by being the change and then spreading it.